HOW TO PLAY BACKGAMMON
1. Place yourself opposite your competitor bridging the board in between
2. Throw a single die to decide the first move. Remember, the one who scores higher will move first. If the dice lands on a checker or outside the board then it is not counted. Throw the dice again if the dice shows the same point and continue until the difference is noticed.
3. How many moves can you make? This is determined by throwing both dice. Remember, if both dice show the same number, then the player is entitled to double and move twice the roll. If you get two fours (in dice), you are allowed sixteen moves.
4. Points are from 1 to 24, starting with your furthest upper right-hand corner. You may move the greater number if you consider one of the two dice. You may move all the pips, as shown by the dice.
5. Your move must be in an anti-clockwise direction. Donít forget to notice that your competitor is also following an anti-clockwise direction.
6. Move your checkers as you wish, however remember your ultimate goal is to place all the checkers in the home board.
7. You must move onto open points only. You may move checkers in pairs or single.
8. If your checker lands up in a blot, then the competitorís checker is removed and placed in the bar.
9. Once you complete moving all your checkers into the quadrant of the home board, start commencing bear off.
10. Remember, if you decline a double, you lose 1 point and declining a redouble will lose 2 points.
THIS ARTICLE IS PROVIDED COURTESY OF ONLINE BACKGAMMON ROOM PLAY65
Back to Online Backgammon Strategy
VIEW OUR LIST OF REPUTABLE ONLINE BACKGAMMON ROOMS WITH THE BEST SIGN UP BONUSES